All the information you need to know about Waste Services in Wollondilly is listed here.
Upcoming Events - Save the Date!
- Household Chemical Clean Out: The next Household Chemical Clean Out for Wollondilly is on Saturday 1 April 2017 at Colden St, carpark Picton. For more information you can visit the EPA's Chemical Clean Out Webpage.
Wollondilly Shire Council in partnership with NSW EPA Waste Less Recycle More Inititiave are holding a Household Chemical Clean Out day in April. The safest way to dispose of potentially hazardous household chemicals is at a Household Chemical Clean Out event. Clean Out is a free service for the safe disposal of a range of household chemicals that could cause harm to human health and the environment if they are not disposed of correctly.
What: Household Chemical Clean Out
When: 1 April 2017 9am-3.30pm
Where: Colden St carpark, Picton
What can I drop off:
- From your home: solvents, household cleaners, floor care products, ammonia based cleaners, fluorescent globes and tubes.
- From your vehicle: vehicle batteries, motor oils, fuels and fluids
- From your garage: paint and paint related products, pesticides and herbicides, poisons, gas bottles, fire extinguishers, pool chemicals, hobby chemicals, acids and alkalis
Storing and transporting unwanted chemicals
Handle and transport chemicals carefully:
- Never mix chemicals as this may produce dangerous reactions.
- Wherever possible keep all chemicals in their original containers.
- Ensure containers are clearly labelled and well-sealed. If you do not know the contents, label the container 'unknown chemical'.
- Liquid can leak during transport: wrap containers holding liquids securely in newspaper, place in sturdy plastic bags and then in plastic buckets or trays.
- Keep household chemicals away from passengers, e.g. in the boot of your car.
Council's Waste Education Officer on 4677 1100.
Wollondilly Shire Council has one waste management centre, however, there are other facilities within the region to assist residents in managing their waste and recycling.
There are many things you can do around the home, or at work, to minimise the amount of waste you generate, and to recover valuable resources through things such as composting and worm farming.
Wollondilly Shire Council and JR Richards & Sons are proud to be partnered with White Ribbon Australia. Our garbage collection trucks now have a white ribbon to support and stop violence against women. Stand up, speak out, act.